Serving the People of Maine Since 1989
Offers activities and services that help get assistive and universally designed technology into the hands of Maine people with disabilities, senior citizens and their families.
- Partnerships: Providing AT services and devices.
Develops partnerships and supports organizations that provide direct assistive technology services, devices and Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM).
- Technical Assistance: Offering help to organizations.
Provides technical assistance to public and private organizations on accessible information technology, universally designed web site development, accessible distance learning and Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM).
- Alternative Financing: Affordable loan programs.
Works with financial lenders such as the mPower Loan Fund for more affordable loans to purchase assistive technology, adapt vans and do home modifications.
- Recycled Devices: Accessible and global connections.
Provides a website – getATstuff.com – the Assistive Technology Exchange of New England and New York that gives new life to used assistive technology and adaptive equipment.
- Training and Workshops: Expertise on what is available.
Provides training, workshops and demonstrations on assistive technology. Promotes conferences and seminars on innovative technology and universal design.
- Policy Research and Program Development: Research and review policies.
Promotes ways for Maine people to acquire the assistive technology and Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) they need or want.
- News and Information: Spreading the news and information.
Publishes and disseminates information about assistive technology products and services, Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) and universal design.
- National Connections: Organizations and agencies.
Provides connections to national organizations, resources and policy issues. Provides linkages through our website.
Kathy Adams, OTR/L, ATP – Director
John Brandt, MSEd – Training/Operations Coordinator