Recorded: February 4, 2016 – In this free webinar, participants will learn about the various resources and agencies available in Maine that support people using Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). The focus of this training will be on the steps leading up to a formal assessment and include a process for identifying funding sources for the acquisition of AAC devices.
Participants will learn:
- What data to collect before and when considering a formal ACC evaluation.
- What Information is needed to obtain insurance-funded devices in Maine.
Shannon K. McFarland, M.A., CCC-SLP/ATP – Pine Tree Society
The following are “handouts” for this event:
- Speakers Notes – all of the content from PowerPoint slide plus – PDF
- Maine Home and Community-based Waivers – AT Comparison Chart by Kelley McTague (revised February 2016)- PDF
- Link to video archive of this webinar recording – Requires the Adobe Flash plugin.
The following are other funding resource links:
- Pine Tree Society
- Prentke Romich Webinars: Funding
- Tobii-DynaVox Funding FAQs
- AAC Institute
- Robbie Foundation