Accessibility of websites and other digital technologies have seen increased attention this year from the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights when it comes to state departments of education and school districts.
eSchool News published a recent article about a Digital Accessibility Toolkit for state and district education leaders. The toolkit provides an overview of digital accessibility in four areas:
- Why accessibility is important;
- Procurement of accessible technology by states and districts;
- Benefits of accessible technology; and
- The last section is a discussion of the legal requirements for digital accessibility.
- The eSchool article may be view here…
- The Accessibility Toolkit from CTD Institute may be viewed here – PDF…
And also check out the new Accessibility in Schools resource here on the Maine CITE website.