This announcement comes from the American Council of the Blind:
The Audio Description Project (ADP) is a wide-ranging audio description promotion and production initiative with goals that include:
- building advocacy on behalf of audio description;
- offering a range of educational resources and working to establish nationally acknowledged user-focused guidelines for quality description in its various genres as well as a professionally recognized certification program for audio describers;
- encouraging growth of audio description with an emphasis on the involvement of AD users/consumers, especially youth;
- disseminating information on audio description and provide general support for regional, state, and local forums;
- encouraging studies on audio description particularly with respect to its efficacy as a technique for conveying visual images and its impact on literacy for children and others.
One part of the project involves the recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of audio description.
The call for nominations ends on Friday, May 29, 2020, with winners announced during a plenary general session of the American Council of the Blind Conference and Convention Tuesday morning, July 7, 2020 (the 2020 Conference and Convention sessions will be held virtually this year via ZOOM and also broadcast on ACB Radio).