Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services Conference
June 6, 2018
Thomas College, Waterville, ME
Assisitive Technology at School, at Work and for Living
with Kathy Adams and John Brandt
Technology is universal in all our lives – why not the life of your clients? Join the Maine CITE staff for an update and overview on assistive technology (AT) services, providers and resources. Learn about AT Reuse and the new AT demo & loan website, at4maine.org. This session will explore numerous AT devices used in education, transition, independent living and employment.
Kathy Adams, OTC, ATP is an occupational therapist and is certified as an assistive technology (AT) professional. She is the Director of the Maine CITE Program, the state’s AT Program. Through Maine CITE, Kathy works with many AT providers to get AT into the hands of consumers of all ages: children, adults and seniors. She has done many workshops and webinars on AT services and funding resources in education, community living and employment. Kathy is the recent chair of the Maine OT License Board and serves on the Maine Care Advisory Committee and the state AT Consortia.
John Brandt M.S.Ed. is the Training Coordinator for Maine CITE. With interest in all things technological, Mr. Brandt has advanced expertise in accessible information and communication technology (ICT). John has provided training presentations at many statewide and regional conferences. He serves on the University of Maine System’s Information Technology Accessibility Committee. He manages Maine CITE’s annual training plan to provide learning opportunities about AT and AEM for educators, therapists, parents, funders, rehab counselors, and ICT professionals.
- Presentation PowerPoint Slides in PDF
- Presentation PowerPoint Slides – Saved as ZIP file – requires plugin to view
- Maine AEM Program
- AT4Maine – AT Demonstrations and Loan
- Maine AT Providers
- Maine CITE AT Demonstrations
- Maine CITE Equipment/Devices for Loan
- Maine CITE Webinars and Training
- AT Assessment – Maine AT Consultants
- Paying for AT
- Accessible Web Design – resources
- Accessible Digital Documents – resources
- peatworks.org – Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology.
- askjan.org – Job Accommodation Network.
- resna.org – Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America.
- atia.org – Assistive Technology Industry Association.
- usbln.org – US Business Leadership Network.
- workrerc.org – Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC) on Workplace Accommodations .
- assistivetech.net – National Public Website on Assistive Technology.
- ataporg.org – Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs (ATAP).