Our Goal for Education is to ensure all Maine learners have access to the assistive technology and accessible instructional materials needed to be successful.
Resources that support Education
Resources for Maine Educators Teaching Online: Providing Equal Access to Distance Curriculum
As schools in Maine close in response to concerns about the spread of COVID-19 and begin to educate their students “from a distance,” we have quickly pulled to together some resources to assist in the process. Use this link to access Resources for Maine Educators Teaching Online: Providing Equal Access to Distance Curriculum
- Guide for Maine Families on Assistive Technology (AT) and Accessible Educational Materials (AEM).
- Accessible Media Services for Students
- Accessibility in Schools.
- Maine CITE News items related to “education.”
- Paying for AT – tips and list of funders.
- Apps as Assistive Technology (AT).
- Robots in Schools as Assistive Technology.
- AT Consultants in Maine.
- Maine AEM Program (Accessible Educational Materials).
- Assistive Technology Professional (APT) Certification.
- Links to Teaching and Learning Resources.
- Accessible Web Design.
- Accessible Digital Documents.
- Maine CITE Publications.