EWDS Webinar 3- Assistive Technology
November 12, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
John Brandt, MS Ed
Maine CITE Coordinating Center
Description: This webinar will update attendees on Assistive Technology (AT) resources, services and funding in Maine. AT is universal in our lives, why not the lives of our consumers? AT can make an impact and improve the functional capacity of people who have disabilities. Join us to learn about free services and resources including the AT4Maine.org demo and loan website. AT devices and Apps will be highlighted.
Presenter: John Brandt is the Training Coordinator of the Maine CITE Program, the state’s Assistive Technology (AT) Program and works with Maine providers to improve access to AT information, devices, services, funding, and training and technical assistance.
Trained as a school psychologist, John has been providing training and consultation for more many years. He joined Maine CITE in 2014 and has coordinated the more than 40 training events the program offers each year.
- Review laws that impact/support AT
- Define AT & explore types of AT that support learning, IL & work productivity
- Review AT services – assessment, demo & loan, reuse, funding
- AT Resources in Maine & nationally
- Q & A
- Webinar: Access Features & Apps to Support Successful Employment – April 2020
- Webinar: Assistive Technology for Successful Employment – May 2020
- Webinar: Assistive Technology and Services for Blind and Low Vision in Maine – August 2020
- Webinar: Successful Transition to College – April 2019
- Webinar: Using Smart Mobile Devices to Build Independence – May, 2019
- Links and Resources: Employment