Recorded: June 6, 2019 – Often a critical skill needed for living independently and maintaining health is the ability to effectively manage medications. This webinar explores available Assistive Technology (AT) devices designed to improve safety and independence for persons with disabilities and seniors to manage their meds . The presenter will outline common challenges with medication management and review numerous available and affordable AT solutions for persons of all ages, needs and abilities.
At the end of this presentation participants will be able to:
- Identify common challenges with medication management that may impact independent living
- Identify more than ten AT solutions for medication management challenges
- Identify available funding sources for AT devices
Christine Martin, MS, OTR/L, CBIS – is the Clinical Care Coordinator with Maine Center for Integrated Rehabilitation. Christine is a frequent presenter on Assistive Technology and the impact of AT on the lives of individuals with disabilities.
- Handout for this webinar – MS-Word
- AT4Maine – Assistive Technology Demonstration and Loan service
- AT for Medication Management – Images
Links referenced in the webinar
- Rest Assured® Telecare
- Spectrum/Time Warner Cable Intelligent Home
- KNFB Reader
- E-Pill Medication Reminders
- The Alzheimer’s Store
- Diabetes Management
- Apps for Medication Management
Please see Maine CITE “Paying for AT” funding page for complete details and references…
AT Providers – Assessment
Please see Maine CITE AT Providers page for complete details and references…
Photo credit: Image acquired from Pixabay, free for commercial use.