Recorded: February 8, 2018 – This webinar focuses on the exploration of available Assistive Technology (AT) devices designed to improve safety and independence for those living with brain injury. The presenter explores common challenges following brain injury, as well as available low-tech and high-tech options for clients of all abilities and needs across a variety of settings and environments.
- How to identify common challenges with brain injury that may impact independent living.
- How to identify at least one low tech and one high tech solution for common brain injury challenges.
- Information about available funding sources for AT devices.
Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, nurses, case managers/care coordinators, residential staff/facilities, caregivers and family members of those with brain injury.
Christine Martin, MS, OTR/L, CBIS – is a licensed Occupational Therapist and Certified Brain Injury Specialist that has been working in the brain injury field for 10 years. Christine has worked in a variety of settings including inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation and community based care.
Christine currently works for the Maine Center for Integrated Rehab as a Care Coordinator within the MaineCare Brain Injury Waiver and completes AT assessments and trainings as well. She has presented at several conferences and webinars in the areas of brain injury recovery and rehabilitation and Assistive Technology.
Maine AEM and Maine CITE recording webinars are now being served using the Kaltura media hosting services of the University of Maine. For participants needing Captioning, we recommend enlarging the video player to full size and use the CART captioning that is embedded in the recording – see additional directions for using captioning.
- Handout for this presentation –
- Apps as AT – Lists of AT applications.
- Maine Home and Community-based Waivers – AT Comparison Chart (revised 2/12/2020)
- Paying for AT – online resource for Maine consumers.
revised: 9/19/19; updated 2/12/2020