Recorded: February 18, 2020 – Join the presenters for an update and overview of Assistive Technology (AT) services and resources in Maine. Learn how AT can be effective in keeping people with disabilities safe and independent in their communities and about the Maine Medicaid AT funding opportunities. Case managers and other providers will learn how to best support clients in identifying the need for AT and how to initiate the referral process.
Attendees will learn about Maine’s AT providers, resources and funding: about common AT solutions to enhance functional independence in the community.
Audience: Community based case managers, care coordinators, occupational therapists, speech therapists, social workers, recreation therapists and others working in the community.
- Christine Martin, MS, OTR/L, Manager of Care Coordination, Maine Center for Integrated Rehab
- Kathy Adams, OT/L, ATP, Program Director, Maine CITE
Video archive of this webinar
- Handout for this webinar – MS Word
- Maine Home and Community-based Waivers – AT Comparison Chart (revised 2/12/2020)
Other Resources discussed during the webinar
- AT4Maine – Maine CITE’s AT Equipment Demonstration/Loan Program
- AT Providers/Consultants in Maine
- Maine AT Consortia – organizations and providers
- Funding AT – Paying for AT
- MaineCare Benefits Manual
- RESNA – Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Center for Technology and Disability
- International Society of Wheelchair Professionals
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA)
- AT Connects – NH Assistive Technology Act Program
- Job Accommodation Network
- Disability IN – (Businesses)
- Soc Security – PASS program
- Pass IT On Center – Georgia Tech – AT Reuse programs