Serving the People of Maine Since 1989
Offers activities and services that help get assistive and universally designed technology (AT) into the hands of Maine people with disabilities, senior citizens and their families.
- Partnerships: Providing AT services and devices.
Develops partnerships and supports organizations that provide direct assistive technology services, devices and Accessible Educational Materials (AEM).
- Technical Assistance: Offering help to organizations.
Provides technical assistance to public and private organizations on accessible information technology, universally designed web site development, accessible distance learning and Accessible Educational Materials (AEM).
- Alternate Financing: Affordable loan programs.
Works with financial lenders such as the mPower Loan Fund for more affordable loans to purchase assistive technology, adapt vans and do home modifications.
- Recycled Devices: Accessible and global connections.
Spurwink ALLTECH accepts donations of “gently used” assistive technology and durable medical equipment, and sanitizes and restores the equipment to good working condition. This equipment is then made available for purchase, and often provides consumers with a savings of 50-80% over the cost of new equipment.
- Training and Workshops: Expertise on what is available.
- Policy Research and Program Development: Research and review policies.
Promotes ways for Maine people to acquire the assistive technology and Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) they need or want.
- News and Information: Spreading the news and information.
- National Connections: Organizations and agencies.
Provides connections to national organizations, resources and policy issues. Provides linkages through our website.
Kathy Adams, OTR/L, ATP – Director
John Brandt, MSEd – Training/Operations Coordinator
Bethany Dodge – Administrative Specialist